WOW! We have officially made it to Idaho, but without a few speed bumps and hiccups in the process. Story time!
A few days before the move Matt finally decided when we were going to be packing our Uhaul to move. So I booked the Uhaul online. Eveything was confirmed and they even called Matt to make sure he knew his pickup time and place. When we got there they had just rented out their last 26' truck and wasn't going to have one in until 4 pm that day. Mind you we were there at 8 am to pick it up and had people showing up at 10 to help. I played my boo hoo card of that we had people from Salt Lake and Lehi showing up at 10 and 11 to help load the truck and the guy there made it work for us. We got our truck at 11:30 and we were really lucky becuase this truck was not supposed to be back until the 1st of June. Meant to be? I THINK SO!
Here we are that day scrambling to get things packed into boxes, even though I had done nothing but pack for weeks. I felt utterly horrible for having people put stuff in boxes for us. But you gotta do what you gotta do. I want to thank all of those people who helped, we greatly and tremendously are greatful for all of the help we received. Packing didn't go as smoothly as we thought it would. We realized that we had a lot more "stuff" than we thought we had. Matt, Anabelle, and Chris were very careful and smart about finishing packing it, but alas after we were supposed to be on our way to Idaho we were still packing. We stuffed, and shoved as much as we could into the Uhaul, Chris' truck, my durango, and matt's car and left. We still have at least another trailor full of stuff we need to bring up. Oh boy! I've been getting rid a lot of stuff as we've been going through boxes.
Thanks to Chris and Anabelle for helping us get our cars up here, and for being great sports and driving their truck up here to help us out. They have always been a great help. We still didn't have a house to go to so we dropped off what was in Chris' truck in Matt's boss' garage and slept in a hotel for the first night.
Monday rolled around all too soon. We had 2 houses to look at and we put an offer in on one and the waiting began. We were supposed to know by noon on tuesday and tuesday at noon rolled around and still no word. Finally we got a call and still no word from the actual owner of the home. Wednesday rolled around and we were denied. We were utterly devestated. It was a beautiful home and would have suited us perfectly. Back to square one. In the mean time we had been staying at Matt's boss' house (who are great people btw, his wife and I get along like 2 peas in a pod and we are greatful to have each other to lean on). We felt like we were intruding, but knew we weren't. Our girls were out of control and could feel the stress we were in so acting up was of course on their list of things to do. I felt bad, and we kept things to a minimum, but we felt bad for being there as long we were there. We had a pow wow session and did a TON of searching for houses online and had a plan to look at least 5 or 8 houses on Thursday. I was making calls, sending emails, and texting to get appts to look at houses. at about 8:45 on Thursday I received a text from the lady who showed us the house were turned down for and said that she has a house up for sale and talked to the guy who owns it to see if he would be willing to rent it out to us. She had already checked all of our references, and income, and told him that we were approved to rent any house and he gave his terms and she text me to go see it. In the mean time we started looking at houses. Some old, and weird, some smaller, but nicer, and some that were just not even worth our time. I had called about the house from the realtor and left her a message that we wanted to look at it. She called just as we were looking at our last place and said she would meet us there. When we pulled up to the house it was almost instant. We knew we were meant to be here. We walked into the house and it was so beautiful Matt and I looked at each other and said, "what do we need to do to rent this place?" She said, let me get the paperwork. We signed on the house, paid the deposit and rent. She handed us the key, and we were renters of a 2005 home on an acre lot, 3,729 sq ft, 5 bed, 2 bath home, 3 car garage. It has 3 beds up and 2 down, an unfinished basement that doesn't need a lot of work, all walls are up, and it needs paint, carpet, and trim and we will have a fully finished home with 6 beds, 3 1/2 baths, 2 family rooms, a rec room, living room, dining room, and office. Who knew after days, actually a month of looking at houses that this one would just literally "fall" into our laps. We love it here. We grabbed the uhaul and everything else and headed over. Matt had to go back to his boss' house and work for a few hours, so the girls and I were left to our own devices to unpack the uhaul. One of our neighbors came over and introduced himself, and offered me some help. He went back home grabbed a few of his kids and wife and between all of us in 2 1/2 hours had it unpacked. It was amazing. They worked so hard, and took care of our stuff like it was their own. They were very gracious to help me out like that. Once we were done, I headed back to Matt's boss' house and told Matt we needed to pick up a few misc items from the store. He wanted to hurry cause he wanted to get more of the Uhaul unpacked before bed and he had to work the next day. I told him it was done. He laughed at me, can you believe it? He LAUGHED at me! LOL! And told me he didn't believe me. I looked at him and told him I was serious. He looked at me and said, "how? You lifted all of the heavy stuff by yourself?" I said no, brytni helped me and laughed. I told him and he was just floored. The neighbors have been so nice. The girls have been over there playing and being roudy, and now they have mowed our lawn for us and wont accept payment for it or anything. Even waving money in their face, they still ownt accept it.
Needless to say we have been without internet for a while, and without gas, heat, and a garbage dumpster, we have been heedlessly unpacking and rearranging, and making this house our home. It has been tiresome, irksome, and fun all at the same time. My head still spins when I see where we are living. I absolutely love it here. I couldn't ask for anything better and I'm not going to. I have plenty of area to decorate in and can't wait to get started. I am excited to have family come visit us and see our new home. Good things come to those wait. We have been doing things to better ourselves the entire time we have been married. We have started from nothing and rock bottom to get to where we are now in our lives. It has not been easy and there has been much sacrifice and it's all worth it. I'd do it all again to be so humble as to where we are in our lives. Thank you everyone who has helped us in our journey to this place in our lives. Also I just relized I missed some great people who helped us in our move other than family and neighbors, but out great friends Dan, and Kim, who drove up from the Lehi area and stayed till all hours of the night in the cold helping us pack. Great times, great times! Thanks for all of the laughs.
Monday, June 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment